English drivers are not particularly bad drivers but not everyone has solid driving skills nonetheless. Road accidents are among the alarming safety-related issues English people have to face on a daily basis. Accidents, can be easily and effectively avoided if drivers practice responsible and safe driving. However, how can they do such feat if they are not aware of the things they should be doing in the first place? Education and exposure are vital so that drivers would be able to practice safe driving.
There are numerous ways how drivers can become safer and more defensive, and following these ways may not only save them but others as well. The following are some of the tips on how English drivers can spare themselves from accidents:
- Never text and drive – Drivers who use their cell phone while driving are at significant risk of getting involved in an accident. When a driver texts or calls someone using his or her cell phone, his or her focus on the road is compromised. When this happens, he or she cannot act immediately to a sudden situation like a crossing pedestrian. As it is, drivers must never use their cell phone while behind the wheel, and must remember that everything can wait. However, if a call or text prompts urgency, the driver may pullover to a safe spot to avoid any accident.
- Mind the road signs – Certain drivers do not have regard to traffic signs like traffic signals, traffic signage, and even road line marking. Such drivers are closer to accidents because these signs were placed on roads to promote and maintain traffic safety. Take the heed of highly skilled and experienced coach hire Cheshire drivers, these professionals understand and follow all road signs and they are always miles away from accidents.
- Respect other motorists – Do not be an aggressive driver otherwise you may end up getting involved in an accident. Aggressive drivers are those who do not have regard to other drivers, the traffic rules, and the general safety of the public. Being an aggressive or speeding driver does not make you a cool driver but a person who is likely to get injured or worse, killed, in a road accident. As a driver, it is your obligation to follow all the traffic rules including speed limits to avoid any type road accident.
- If you plan to drink, do not plan to drive – Drunk driving is responsible for hundreds if not thousands of accidents in Australia. As it is, you should never get behind the wheel if you are under the influence of alcohol. Drivers who have blood alcohol content of .05 or higher may face penalties for breaking drunk driving laws in the country. If you really need to drink, make sure to have someone drive for you to avoid any accident. If you really need to drink, contact a coach hire Cheshire beforehand so you will have a ride home.
- Properly maintain your vehicle – Poorly maintained vehicles are more likely to be involved in accidents. Hence, before hitting the road, especially before a long travel, you would want to make sure that your vehicle is in its tiptop shape to avoid any setbacks during your trip. It is a must to check your car’s brakes, tire, headlights, oil, engine, and gas. By doing this, you can be certain that your vehicle is one-hundred percent for you long trip.
These tips may be simple but they can help you avoid accidents and even legal setbacks. In order for you to become a safer driver, you must never forget to keep safety on your priority list. Even the simple act of showing regard to little things like road line marking can save you from injuries.Follow us
Warning: include(/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/evclub/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/evclub/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/includes/class-shortcodes.php on line 41