An awning is a type of supplemental coverage on the roof. It helps in controlling the intense heat from the sun during the summer season, both doors and windows. Besides, they have different kinds of benefits to offer. Awnings can be either retractable, stationary or made out of different types of materials like wood, vinyl or aluminum. They also have proven to be very useful when it comes to cutting down the energy cost of a home, as they help to decrease the need for installing air conditioning machines. The use of awnings is very common and can be seen particularly in European countries.
What Are the Different Types of Awnings that Are Commonly Used?
Using awnings is not a new concept. These types of structures could be seen in buildings that were constructed during the medieval period. These days, they are available in different sizes, patterns, designs and makes. If you are planning to install awnings, in that case, you also have the option to go for customized designs and shapes as well. When it comes to awnings, there are wide ranges of different types of them that are used commonly. Here are some of them:
- Retractable freestanding awnings
- Deck or patio cover sails or shade cloths
- Retractable awnings, which are freestanding
- Retractable canopy awnings
- Retractable drop-arm/sidearm awnings
- Retractable patio cover systems
- Retractable vertical drop awnings
- Deck awnings
- Motorized retractable awnings
- Window awnings
What Are the Benefits of Using Awnings?
As far as the benefits are concerned, awnings have a wide range of different types of them to offer. Here are some of them:
- Offer protection against water damage: Exterior, as well as the interior wall, are exposed to water damage during the rainy season. The outer layer of the walls tends to get wet and eventually they become damp. This can cause major damage to the structure, which might result in total repairing of the wall. Awnings have proven to be very useful and effective when it comes to offering protection against water damage.
- Helps to preserve the interior: Are you planning to install on the top of your windows? Well if yes, this is indeed a good idea as they would help to prevent different types of climatic hazards to affect the interior of your house and help to preserve them.
- Helps to reduce the cost of home cooling: As mentioned, the awning has proven to be very effective and useful when it comes to reducing the cost of home cooling. It is due to the fact that they prevent and obstruct the heat of the sun from entering the house and hence helps to keep the house relativity cooler during the summer season
- Increase in value: Awnings come as additional features and also offer a lot of benefits and as well as protections. If you have awnings installed, in that case, they can help you to increase the value of your house.
As mentioned, these days, there are different types of options that are available in the market, as far as awnings are concerned. If you are planning to install these items, in that case, you can have a look at the online stores, where you will find a wide range of different types of options to select from. However, it is always advisable to go for the best quality, so that the awning last for a long period of time so that you can always get the best services from your product.