A gastroenterologist is a specialist primarily diagnose and treat GI diseases in both men and women. He/she treat people and make sure that their body is removing waste properly and also absorbing and digesting nutrients in the body. However, they don’t perform surgery, and in a few cases, they may work closely with a GI surgeon. The GI system is defined as a body system that
- absorbs nutrients
- digests and moves food
- removes waste from your body
Gastroenterologists treat all conditions and issues related to any part of this system.
Importance of gastroenterologist
People should know the importance of gastroenterologist and when you should see him/her:
The time you are diagnosed with conditions like Crohn’s disease, polyps, IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, Hemorrhoids, Blood in the stools, Internal bleeding in the digestive tract, Celiac disease and Diverticulitis.
Patients also visit a gastroenterologist to determine if there is anything abnormal or any symptoms you may be experiencing.
List of the best gastroenterologist in India
A gastroenterologist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions along with diseases of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Diseases and disorders include small intestine, large intestine, esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, and bile ducts. India has many best gastroenterologists to treat your problems related to the GI tract. Below we have listed some of the best names in this field:
- Dr. S. Palaniappan– He is one of the most experienced and renowned doctors in the field of gastroenterology. With an experience of over 29 years, he is one of the best gastroenterologists in India as far as the issues related to the digestive system are concerned.
- Dr. Venkatesh Munikrishnan– He is one of the most famous gastroenterologist with more than 24 years of experience. He is a medical practitioner at Chennai Colorectal Clinic.and expertise in Gastroenterology, endoscopy, Laparoscopy among other procedures pertaining to the stomach
- Dr. Joy Varghese– He is a gastroenterologist at Gleneagles Global health city and has an experience of over 23 years. He is one of the best doctors in the field of gastroenterology.
- Dr. Rinkesh Kumar Bansal– He is one of the most experienced doctors in the field of gastroenterology, practicing for more than 22 places and has an experience of over 20 years.
- Dr. Shanti Swaroop Dhar– He is a practicing gastroenterologist with a ten-year experience at Max Hospital. He is considered to be one of the most learned doctors as well as gastroenterologists as far as this profession is concerned. He is a medical practitioner at the W Pratiksha Hospital. He has also worked at other clinics as well. He is one of the most respected and renowned gastroenterologists in the country.
- Dr. Rajan Dhingra– With an experience of over 15 years, he is one of the most successful gastroenterologists in the country. He is a medical practitioner at the W Pratiksha Hospital. Further, he has received good comments and praises from people throughout the city.
- Dr. Arvind Khanna– For people in Delhi, he is one of the most recommended doctors with more than 31 years of experience He works as a gastroenterologist in the Fortis Hospital and owns an MD in Medicine i. He has performed over 1000 endoscopies, and people have also mentioned good reviews on his website about his treatment and the way he is cordial with his patients.
- Dr.Preethan KN– He is one of the most renowned gastroenterologists in the country. With an experience of over 21 years, he has emerged out to be one of the best doctors in Bangalore.
- Dr. Ravishankar Bhat– He has an experience of more than 17 years and is considered to be one of the best stomach doctors in the country.
- Dr. S Divakara Murthy– He has been a gastroenterologist at Bangalore Institute of Gastroenterology for a very long time. With an experience of over 24 years, he is one of the most trusted and acclaimed gastroenterologists in Bangalore. He is counted amongst the best gastroenterologists in the country because of his brilliant acumen.
Most GI tract problems can be treated with proper medications; in a few cases, surgery is needed to treat the gastrointestinal abnormality. In this case, the patient is referred to a GI surgeon, and after the surgery, the patient again goes to a gastroenterologist for further treatment.