Uncommon Healthy Snacks To Keep At Your Work Desk
It is found that people love to snack and therefore it is good to stack up your workplace with healthy snacks. This is because finding healthy snacks for work can be a bit difficult at times. If you have ready stock then you will not have to leave your workplace often resulting in reduced performance and productivity.
Most people do not follow this practice and do not even bring a snack to office. More often than not these people find them in front of the vending machine in their offices more than they are found seated in front of their computers.
Moreover, the options available at the vending machine are often not the healthiest to choose. This is why and when you should start bringing your own meal for work. You will thereby eat healthy and fresh food and even customize it according to your preferences. Mostly, these snacks will fit in the unused drawer in your desk to ensure that you meet your hunger pangs readily and healthily.
Healthy snacks for work
Getting healthy snack is not a very difficult job. You will get a wide assortment of healthy snacks these in any grocery store in your locality. However, the hardest part is to remember them bringing to work. To meet with your hunger during your workday here are a few uncommon healthy snacks apart from those nuts, fruits and biscuits that you should store in your office drawer. These snacks will not go bad overnight or even after a couple of days. This will prevent you from having to prepare yourself every day before showing up to the office.
- Air popped popcorn: This healthy snack for work is a very simple snack and you can even make it in your home in a couple of minutes. Just take a 1/4 cupful of kernels, put them in a bowl and place it in the microwave for a couple minutes. You may also keep a few different seasonings handy to add zing to your popcorn. Simple can add taste and even a bit of sweetness to the popcorn.
- Dried fruit: If you are looking for vitamins and minerals then these will give you something sweet and healthy for a snack. Just make sure that the dried fruits do not have any added sugars in it as fruits already have sugar of its own. Any additional sugar will make your healthy snack to an unhealthy one in a hurry. Visit sites such as varietyfun.com and others to get a fair idea about the type of dried fruits that you may buy and stock in your office drawer.
- Granola bars: These bars are very easy to store as you can keep boxes of them on your desk. However, all granola bars may not be as healthy as they seem to be. Therefore, read the nutrition facts carefully to get the healthiest option possible. Know the ingredients to make sure that there is nothing that can prove to be detrimental to your health.
- Plain oatmeal: This is a very healthy snack that you can make in one minute because all you need to make it is add water which is the best thing about instant oatmeal. However, make sure that the oatmeal that you make is plain. As that is what makes it a healthy option. Any flavored option will mean feeding your body with a ton of added sugars.
- Healthy crackers: If you choose the right crackers you can have the desired fiber with low sodium. Crackers make an excellent choice because these are easy to eat and do not really take away much of your time.
- Nut butters: This is another uncommon yet healthy snack you can keep in your office. Once again make sure that you consider the added sugars factor before you choose to buy these. You must know that nut butters with added sugar is one of the leading contributors to weight gain in the United States.
- Beef jerky: If you are on a ketogenic diet then beef jerky is the best and healthiest snack option for you because it is great source of protein. It has nearly no carbs but are high in sodium. Therefore do not take too much of it so that your body gets too much of salt to cause different health problems.
- Tuna pouches: Another uncommon snack at work these pouches are amazing because these do not require storing in a refrigerator. These are available in ready to eat condition. Tuna can be one of the healthiest snacks because it is high in protein as well as give your body a lot of healthy omega 3 acids that are crucial for your overall health.
- String cheese: Usually, cheese contains high calorie and fats which is one reason for its bad reputation. However, string cheese is known to have high amount of vitamin D, protein and calcium. However, practice moderation when you consume these keeping in mind the universal fact that all cheese is created equal. If you can find organic cheese it is always a better option and if it is less processed then it is the best option to choose.
- Chips: Yes, you have read it right. Chips made in the right way and taken in the right quantity are definitely a healthy snack. You will get artisanal brands nowadays that cook their chips in different oil such as sunflower, avocado, and coconut oil. These will not sabotage your diet or your health at any cost.
- Stir fried veggies: There are lots of healthy vegetables such as celery, baby tomatoes, beans and others that you can stir fry and carry to your office in a foil tray pack. These veggies will provide your body with the much needed vitamins, fiber and minerals.
- Boiled egg: No matter how strange it may seem to you, you can have one boiled egg as that is an excellent source for protein. This will not only satisfy your hunger but will also stabilize your blood sugar level.
The above list of healthy snacks will keep you full and content all day. Enjoy it.Follow us