Every business is unique and innovative in there way, with their products and services. Usage of products is also done in many ways. Managing of cash flow is the basic thing which is done in small companies as well in large companies, the only difference is that in small companies the owner has to conquer the cash flow in a small amount and in big companies they have to conquer the funds in large amount. Every business has its seasonal peak time where they requires more money to purchase more raw material or increasing more stock according to their product and business.
The seasonal business owner needs to become more aware when it comes to managing cash in there peak time that’s seasonal time. Seasonal business including businesses that are on track for long-term profitability. Improper management of cash flow represents the number one reason for those small businesses fail. You can easily keep track of cash flow by using a personal accounting software. This type of software may really help you
If your business is very successful and strong on the paper, but you don’t have enough cash in hand when payroll and rent are due or when you need to purchase inventory or to do some transaction, then your business can’t survive.
Get a grasp on the financial viewpoint for your business with some tips which are described below –
1. The arrangement of pecuniary resources before peak season – If you’re peak seasonal time is near to come, then the first step of the owner is to create a reserve for the seasonal session, and forecast of your active and inactive seasons. Realistic with your forecast is very important because if overestimate peak season revenue or underestimate off-season expenses then it creates troubles for you. If you are new infield and your seasonal time is near then it’s best to start with looking at historical sales data and segregate the months with higher sales and per diem expenses.
2. Enhance stock in trade – Lift your cash transactions or cash flows by speeding up the receiving payments. Maneuver for action :
1) Make sure that you make accurate invoices and delivered it to the right person.
2) Following up immediately those peoples whose payments are delayed.
3) Start accepting payments from multiple ways such as NEFT, credit cards, mobile payments, payment apps.
4) Create invoice immediately when dealing is done or products are delivered.
3. Make a line of credit allowance to avoid business from catastrophe – Even with a contingency budget and creating an emergency reserve, there was still some possibility of happening unforeseen tragedy which derails your cash flows. If suddenly an equipment gone banned which you are using for many years, or what would you do if your storeroom or godown was impacted by the flood. Many of small business owners take loans in that cases but in these emergency cases, the rate of interests is outrageous. This is trouble creator for seasonal business owners, so for securing your business from this hazard, you should need to establish a line of credit allowance and increasing the funds of the reserve.
You must aware of taxes according to your loans. That reserve corporate with you to confront with the unpredicted tragedy.
4. Supervision on the fixed and variable expenses – proper management of fixed & variable expenses helps you in the seasonal session if your cash budget is tight then try to cut off the unrequired variable expenses and try to tie the variable expenses with revenue.
5. Figure out your situation latitude to a seasonal period – Daily Analysis of the cash flow transactions during the seasonal period helps you get to know about the inflow and outflow of the cash and to summarize the profits ratio during the seasonal session. Summarization of daily transactions helps you to know that the profit ratio is getting higher in the current seasonal session or the profits is going lower than the previous seasonal periods.