Today I am going to talk about two of the most popular and dominating hair extension methods, clip in and tape in. As we all know there have been, and are numerous debates already on this subject but believe me, I have gathered something more to this topic to what meets the eye.
Ok ladies let’s just face it; there is no one-size-fits-all strategy when it comes to choosing the hair extension solution for your hair. Each has its own set of pros and cons. However, we are comparing clip in and tape in extension to give you a better picture of both solutions.
Clip-in Hair Extensions
Clip-in hair extensions are a simple, quick and a temporary approach to achieve longer fuller hair and are designed to be attached using clips with no long-term bonding, pain, or damage to your hair. Clip in hair extensions are implemented by the cold fusions method with means that you don’t have to apply heat when attaching them.
Advantages of Clip-in Hair Extensions
Here are some advantages of clip-in hair extensions,
- Clip-in hair extensions are 100% non-committal
- With clip in hair extensions, you have the opportunity to change your look in an instant. Clip in hair extensions are the best option for changing your look on the fly.
- You can style your hair extensions the same way you want to style your natural hair. Clip-in extensions are 100% cuticle intact Remy human hair so you can treat them like your natural locks.
- The best thing about clip-in hair extensions is that they are easy to install and you can apply them all by yourself without requiring any assistance of a professional.
Disadvantages of Clip-in Hair Extensions
Here are some of the disadvantages of clip-in hair extensions,
- One obvious disadvantage of Clip in hair extensions is that they cannot be attached to your own hair for long intervals of time. Moreover, they must be removed before bedtime.
- Clip-in hair extensions are not friendly for thin, fine or weak hair as the clips and base would get too bulky or heavy for the hair wearer.
- Clip in hair extension demand proper care and maintenance otherwise they may expire soon.
Tape-in hair extensions are becoming increasingly popular among stylists and clients alike. Tape-in hair extensions make the use of hot fusion methods of increasing the hair’s length and volume. Tape-in hair extensions are considered to be a good fit for both experienced hair extension wearers as well as the newcomers.
Here are some advantages of Tape-in Extensions,
- Contrary to clipping and removing your hair every time, tape-in hair extensions cut down on the time to get ready as they are already in.
- One of the biggest advantage of tape in hair extensions is that you gain more lengths are volume
- You can adopt any hair style i.e. long braids, long beachy Waves, sleek ponytails and many more.
- Contrary to clip in extension, they are well suited for thin and fragile hairs.
- You can wear them to workout, swim, and shower
Here are some of its disadvantages,
- Some of the tape extensions have a clear adhesive strip, so there is a fair possibility that it may be visible through your natural hair.
- For a perfect installation, you must visit a hair salon in abu dhabi, otherwise you may end up with a wired look
- Less mobility than natural extensions.